Physical Therapy in Highland Park, NJ
HighPoint Health Center • Alternative & Integrative Medicine for Over 35 Years
Physical therapy is an important part of a treatment plan for many conditions. Physical therapy is also used effectively in helping injured workers return to the workforce, people suffering from arthritis and people recovering from surgery.
Custom exercise and stretching programs help the body heal after an injury
Exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
A full rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent further injury or re-injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises, muscle strengthening exercises or use of our anti-gravity treadmill.
Benefits of exercise rehabilitation:
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Recover from or prevent sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging
Exercise rehabilitation helps to improve flexibility and balance
Flexibility is the ability to extend or stretch without breaking. The term is usually used to describe muscles but can also be used to describe a movement involving a number of muscles. Along with physiotherapy building muscle strength and aiding in recovery, these exercises can also improve flexibility which is a vital part of maintaining a sound body. Balance can be difficult for the body after time regardless if you are injured or not. The body sometimes works to compensate for weak areas, ultimately throwing you off-balance just from daily activities.
Some of the physical therapy treatment modalities used at HighPoint Health Center
- Spinal Decompression Therapy: Spinal decompression therapy is an amazing, non-surgical treatment option for disc problems, low back pain, chronic headaches, auto injuries and sciatica. Decompression therapy gently separates the vertebrae from each other creating a vacuum inside the discs that promotes diffusion of water, oxygen and other nutrient-rich fluids from the outside of the discs to the inside.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: PEFT pulses a magnetic field into the body to create an extraordinary healing effect by re-energizing damaged cells. PEFT is used often for sports injury and recovery. The therapy helps to improve circulation, increase oxygen levels to the cells, reduce pain and swelling, stimulate endorphins and work as a catalyst in increasing bone density and muscle mass.
- Custom Exercise Programs: Customized exercise and stretching programs are targeted towards the areas of the body effected in order to improve strength, flexibility and accelerate healing. Some customized programs may include the use of our anti-gravity treadmill among other things.
Visit our licensed physical therapists in Highland Park at HighPoint Health Center
Visit our state-of-the-art, 5,000 square foot facility in the heart of Highland Park at 317 Cleveland Ave, Highland Park, NJ 08904 or contact us to book your next appointment: (732) 249-9800.